Benjamin Moore™ 640 ArborCoat Exterior Waterborne Solid Siding & Deck Stain (Pints, Gallons or Fives)
The New Benjamin Moore Arborcoat Exterior Solid Deck amp; Siding Stain features the latest in new waterborne stain technology by Benjamin Moore. It protects wood and provides a mildew resistant finish.
- Protects the surface while blocking the grain yet allowing some of the beauty of the wood's texture to show through.
- The opacity of the solid gives a uniform color across the deck.
- Silf-priming on most surfaces
- Color-permanent pigments are more fade resistant, standing up to the weather and sun.
- Retards the growth of mildew
- Repels water, protecting your wood from the weather
- Scuff and abrasion resistant, protecting your wood from use
- Good to use on new, pressure treated wood and works great with cedar
- Both the stain and clear coat provide UV Protection.
The intended use is for wood decks, siding, shakes, fences and outdoor furniture.
The coverage is between 300 and 400 square feet per gallon depending on how rough/smooth the surface is.
To prepare the surface, clean any chalking, dull glossy areas and remove any loose or peeling previously applied coatings. Make sure all surfaces are dry, clean and mildew free.
The product is self priming in most situations. Use the special purpose Fresh Start primers is painting a surface rich in tannin such as cedar or redwood; water-stained or very chalky or slick. Spot prime any of these problem areas. Do not apply in direct sunlight and make sure the air and surface temperature is above 40-degrees F. Stir well before use.
The product dries to the touch in 1 hour and can be recoated after 3-4 hours. Allow to dry for at least 48 hours before returning furniture and using the deck. The drying time may be affected by temperature and humidity.
Clean up with soap and water. Dry and empty cans can most often be disposed of in a can recycling program although local requirement vary.