Looking for color by Hex, RGB, CMYK, or Lab?

About Our Paints

Learn more about the paints that MyPerfectColor uses.

FAQs about About Our Paints

What brands do you carry?
We match more than 250,000 colors from Pantone, RAL, and all major paint brands, including Benjamin Moore, Sherwin-Williams, and discontinued brands such as Martha Stewart, Ralph Lauren, and Restoration Hardware among many others.
Do I need a primer?
The need for primer depends on the type of paint, the substrate being painted, and where it will be located. See our Primer Selection Table to see what primer you might need and learn more about when you might need a primer. Most people don't use a primer for a touch-up paint application, but a primer may improve adhesion and is typically recommended for exterior applications.
Do I need a hardener?
Some types of paint need to be mixed with a hardener, or catalyst. These products are also known as 2K (for two components). The catalyst causes a chemical reaction which starts the drying process. These paints do not air dry like most paints. Without the catalyst, they will never fully dry. Once the catalyst is added, the paint will dry within a few hours, even if you put the lid back on the can. Some types of paint will air dry, but can also take a hardener to increase the paint strength. Once you place an order with MyPerfectColor, you will receive an email with technical instructions on how to use the paint. This will include information about the need for a hardener. Any paints that MyPerfectColor sells that require a hardener/catalyst will come as a kit and include the hardener with the paint. Our acrylic enamel does not require or have a hardener. It is a single component system.
Do you provide paint in cans so I can use my own sprayer?
Most, if not all, of the paint types we offer, can be used in a sprayer. Once you place an order with MyPerfectColor, you will receive an email with technical information about the product and instructions on how to use the paint. Normally this includes information about spraying and other application tips.
What is the difference between house paint and industrial paints?
House paints are typically water-based acrylics that dry in 1-2 hours and clean up with soap and water. This is the type of paint most people think about when they hear the word “paint.” It comes in an interior or exterior version and normally has a few different sheen choices.
Industrial paints cover a wide range of types and differ based on their specific use. They are typically designed for a specific need. For example, a 2K urethane is a super tough product that can be used inside or outside and is designed for durability, chemical and abrasion resistance. Acrylic Enamel is designed for painting fixtures and equipment and works great for OEM and touch up applications because it dries so fast. This paint is durable and sticks well to most surfaces. Oftentimes, industrial paints are solvent-based and require certain solvents for reducing and cleaning up.
Do I need a reducer?
A reducer is sometimes required when a paint needs to be thinned. This is common when the paint is applied via spray equipment, or for cleaning up. The rule of thumb is to reduce as little as possible. It is recommended to try the paint without a reducer first and thin up to 10% as needed. Our Acrylic Enamel paint must be sprayed and can be reduced using Normal Butyl Acetate or Acetone. When you place an order with MyPerfectColor, you will automatically receive an email with technical instructions on how to use the paint. This will include the need for a reducer and the type of reducer to use.
What Type of Paint are the Colors Made With?
For residential paint (architectural paint), MyPerfectColor uses Kelly Moore paints to create or match any color imaginable. For Industrial paints including spray paint, touch-up bottles, and paint pens are made from proprietary ingredients and a wide variety of industrial pigments and inks. The spray paint and touch up paint is made with an acrylic enamel which is a fast-drying durable coating suitable for interior or exterior use.